Located in the heart of the ‘Barley Belt’ in South-East Calgary, Legend 7 Brewing’s facility has it all; great beers made on-site in our craft brewery, with a taproom to enjoy a flight, a pint, or a growler to take home.
We are looking for a full time Operator. The Operator is responsible for running all aspects of the packaging lines (kegging and canning), including set up, shutdown, sanitation, and day-to-day packaging reports, while maintaining a clean and orderly work area. The Operator is also responsible for the blending and filtration of products.
· Day to day operation of the packaging machines, trouble shooting, preventive maintenance and sanitation.
· Perform product change overs and equipment sanitation.
· Perform quality control checks ensuring that product passes through machines in the proper condition.
· Responsible to identify and communicate any equipment concerns/malfunctions to supervisor.
· Perform detailed set-up/shutdown procedures as outlined in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
· Accurately complete packaging and sanitation reports, QC reporting/testing.
· Responsible to minimize waste of packaging product and materials. Any waste is reported properly.
· Partake in all aspects of the packaging process – including tray making, 6 packing and FLT operations.
· Responsible to produce blended beverages from raw materials according to prescribed recipes.
· Required to accurately measure appropriate raw materials according to prescribed recipes.
· Perform the transfer of raw materials into fermentation tanks ensuring the correct temperature and level of mixture.
· Accurately carbonate the product in the fermentation tanks to prescribed levels.
· Responsible to check the progress of blending and take appropriate action if required.
· Responsible to clean and sanitize the blending equipment according to company SOPs.
· Perform inspections of blending equipment and report any malfunctions/issues that may affect production in a timely manner to the Head Brewer.
· Accountable for accurate completion of blending reports.
· Organize and manage the inventory of bulk raw materials. Responsible to report any shortages of inventory and/or be proactive in reporting low quantities of required materials.
· Responsible for the smooth operation of filtration equipment (DE filter, Depth Filter, Absolute Membrane Filter), according to company SOPs.
· Responsible for the cleaning and sanitation of all filtration equipment according to company SOPs.
· Perform accurate measurement and blending as per prescribed recipes to ensure product specs are met.
· Ensure filtered products meet quality control specs and are released to packaging on time based on the daily production plan.
· Responsible and accountable to accurately complete filtration, cleaning and blending reports.
· Identify and report any malfunctions of equipment that could potentially affect production of products.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· 1-2 Years of Commercial Brewery Experience
· Forklift Certification
Candidates must be able to:
· Adhere to all company policies and code of conduct while performing all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
· Work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment.
· Lift and move heavy objects (up to 60 lbs).
· Follow all safety pro
cedures and wear required PPE.
· Handle exposure to loud noises and wet working conditions.
· Stand for up to 8 hours per day.
· Be flexible and able to work day, evening and occasional overtime and weekend shifts.
· Supply own steel-toed footwear.
· Due to the nature of our business, it is a legal requirement that all employees be at least 18 years of age.