Located in the heart of the ‘Barley Belt’ in South-East Calgary, Legend 7 Brewing’s facility has it all; great beers made on-site in our craft brewery, with a taproom to enjoy a flight, a pint, or a growler to take home.
We are looking for a part time Maintenance Millwright to work 1 afternoon/evening shift per week, plus 1 Saturday per month, with the availability to work extra on-call/call-out shifts as needed.
Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Maintenance Millwright is responsible for performing planned and unplanned maintenance of equipment and general upkeep of the facility, including emergency repairs, executing planned preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance, and observing and reporting any deficiencies to the General Manager. This is a hands-on role requiring attention to detail, time management and strong communication skills.
· Perform planned preventive maintenance, planned corrective maintenance, planned new projects and unplanned/emergency repairs/responses.
· Perform inspections of the production equipment to ensure safety and operability.
· Perform preventive maintenance through scheduled monitoring and testing of systems and equipment; and repairing or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
· Keep the internal and external facility up to standard.
· Train/coach employees on mechanical awareness of equipment.
· Meet maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information/expertise to strategic and budgetary plans to the General Manager and/or the VP of Manufacturing Operations.
· Meet maintenance financial standards by monitoring expenditures, identifying variances, and implementing corrective actions.
· Participate in estimation and procurement of plant projects which can include costing of parts, time management of job and planning of project.
· Deliver results against KPI targets established by the company.
· Follow all safety procedures and wear all required PPE, as per company and OHS regulations.
· Adhere to all company policies and code of conduct.
Our ideal candidate will have:
· 3 to 5 years experience working within a maintenance department.
· Have a good understanding of mechanical, electrical, PLC and instruments in a food & beverage environment. Previous experience in a production/manufacturing environment is a strong asset.
· Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and knowledge of computer maintenance programs.
· Have a positive attitude and be a team player.
· Must supply own hand tools and limited metrology tools.
· Certification in: Forklift, Confined Space, Fall Arrest, Platform, WHMIS and First Aid Certificate are assets.
· Hydraulic and/or pneumatic experience is considered an asset.
· Physically able to stand, reach, bend for long periods of time, lifting 50+ lbs.
· Work within an environment that is fast paced, has high noise levels, frequent interruptions, cold hot and humid conditions, wet floors, forklift and pedestrian traffic.
We offer a monthly beer allowance.
If you have any questions, please reach out or check us out on social media.
Instagram Handle: @legend7brewing